Itinerary of Sundarbans & Bagerhat Tour
In Sundarbans and Bagerhat Tour, traveling through the streams as they did during the British colonial period, observing Bangladesh’s lovely green landscape move smoothly, tour many significant towns along the river to get a real feel for the country.
Overnight travel from Dhaka to Halurhat on a century-old Rocket Steamer first-class cabin and visit UNESCO World Heritage Site 60 Dome Mosque and other ancient Bagerhat mosques and shrines. Sundarbans & Bagerhat Tour offers you a great chance to discover Bangladesh’s river beauty and explore archeological areas in Muslim City Bagerhat in the 15th century.
The Sundarbans is an islands cluster — the world’s largest single mangrove forest and commonly known as the home of the Royal Bengal Tiger’s. It’s located on the Great Ganges estuary stretching over 1065,000 hectares of territory in the south-western part of Bangladesh & the northeastern part of West Bengal State, India. Bangladesh owns approximately 62%, covering an area of 6036 sq. Km complete region of the trees. The Sundarbans Forest as a whole has designated a Reserved Forest with 3 Wildlife Sanctuaries: A) Sundarbans East, B) Sundarbans West, and C) Sundarbans South. And has complete sanctuary fields of 139,698 hectares. It was proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997.
We’ll bring you deep into the forest on this Sundarbans and Bagerhat tour to discover wildlife. You may be able to see Royal Bengal Tigers, spotted Deers, clawless otters, salt-water crocodiles, numerous bird species, and many other animals.
DAY - 01
Start Rocket Steamer Journey
- Meet you in the lobby of your hotel at 3:00 pm to pick you up.
- Travel to Sadarghat Boat Terminal. Walkthrough the messy Sadarghat region and explore the busiest ship terminal in Dhaka that never stops.
- Embark Rocket Steamer at 6:00 pm. A memorable overnight journey by Rocket Steamer to Hularhat.
- Overnight at Rocket (sleeping cabin).
DAY - 02
UNESCO World Heritage - Historic Mosque City of Bagerhat
- Enjoy Bangladesh’s riverine beauty from Rocket Steamer throughout the morning. Disembark from Rocket at Halurhat around 10:00 am (depends on the weather).
- Go by a reserved vehicle to Bagerhat (01 hr) and visit the Muslim City of the 15th century once called Khalifabad, which is now Bagerhat, a UNESCO-protected World Heritage Site. Drive toward Khulna (01 hr).
- Overnight at Khulna
DAY - 03
Khulna to Sundarbans
- Early morning reach ride on a boat from Khulna. The boat will start the journey immediately.
- Take breakfast and see the riverside beauty.
- Before noon we will reach the Karamjol area and track the jungle.
- Move to Harbaria. And stay on the boat overnight.
DAY - 04
Jungle Safari, Beach Activities & BBQ at Night
- Explore Kotka area, Forest activities.
- Then head to Jamtala Sea Beach and Beach activities.
- BBQ at night and overnight stay on the boat.
DAY - 05
Sundarbans to Khulna
- Start the journey to Tiger-Point/Kochikhali and visit the place.
In the early afternoon will start a journey to Khulna and reach around 06:00 pm.
Overnight stay in Khulna.
DAY - 06
- In the afternoon, we will move to Jessore Airport from the hotel by airline bus.
- Then fly back to Dhaka.
- And this is the end of the Sundarbans & Bagerhat Tour.
PRICE PER PERSON
1 PAX: $550 / BDT44000
2 PAX: $500 /BDT 40000
3 PAX: $470 /BDT 37600
4 PAX or more: $440 /BDT 35200
➤ Transfer from hotel to Sadarghat.
➤ A 1st class cabin ticket of Rocket-Streamer on twin sharing basis.
➤ All site entrance tickets.
➤ Two nights accommodation in Khulna, a standard single room with WIFI facilities and complimentary breakfast.
➤ Transfer to hotel at Khulna from Hularhat and sightseeing at Bagerhat.
➤ Accommodation on twin share basis a sleeping cabin on the boat.
➤ Forest permission fee.
➤ Meal starting from breakfast on day-01, drinking water, tea, and coffee while in Sundarbans.
➤ Languages: English, friendly speaking.➤ Air ticket: Economy class from Jessore to Dhaka.
Remarks for Sundarbans and Bagerhat Tour
➤ You are required to wear modest clothing while entering the mosques included in this Sundarbans & Bagerhat Tour.
➤ A 1st class cabin ticket of Rocket-Streamer depends on the availability. You might have to travel with a 2nd class if the 1st class is not available. The only difference between the 1st and 2nd class is, 2nd class is located on the backside of the boat and have no air-conditioning facility. Other facilities are the same. Passengers of 2nd class can use all the facilities of 1st class, e.g. dining area, sitting area on the front side.
➤ The boat for Sundarbans is a normal boat without air-conditioning, electricity, and running hot water facilities.
➤ The itinerary of the Sundarbans Tour is just a general outline and not fixed. It could change depending on the moon phase, tide, daylight hours, and fog. But we’ll try to include all the places and activities mentioned in the itinerary as much as possible.
Things to carry
- Snicker shoes for walk
- Hat/Cap for sun protection
- Sunburn lotion
- Insects spray
Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Bath soap
- Flash Light