Sreemangal Tea Gardens & Rainforest Eco Tour
Sreemangal, the tea capital of Bangladesh. It is situated in Moulvibazar District in the Sylhet Division of Bangladesh. There you will see approximately 163 tea gardens. Bangladesh has a total of 177 tea gardens that produce 3% of the total tea industry in the world and the 10th largest tea exporter in the world. More than 300,000 plantation workers work here daily. There is a chance you can meet with them and know their lifestyle. Once you are visiting Sreemangal, don’t forget to have a test of Seven-Color-Tea. Sreemangal is also famous for the Lawachara Rain Forest (Lawachara National Park). Lawachara is one of the major reserved forests and conservation of wildlife of Bangladesh. In this beautiful rain forest, you can walk through the majestic standing trees that are undisturbed for centuries. One can easily find out wild animals like Cape Languor, Slow Loris, Yellow Throated Martin, Hoolock Gibbons, Asian Black Bear, and Rock Python. The attractive birds like Oriol, Barbet, Hornbills, Fork Tails, Laughing Thrasher with the high profile symphony of small insects will absorb you in serene atmosphere & hilltop tribal village inside the forest.
And also you will see an old railway track inside the forest, like a Hollywood movie.
The Madhabpur lake is a natural lake surrounded by low-height hills covered with greenery Tea Gardens. If you are visiting in winter, you are going to meet lots of migratory birds.
DAY - 01
Travel to Sreemangal
- At 6:20 am, board on the Train (Parabat Express-TUE off) at Dhaka Railway Station to Sreemangal.
- Arrive in Sreemangal, the Tea Capital of Bangladesh, at noon. Our local representative will pick you up from the railway station & transfer to Nishorgo Eco Resort or similar for an overnight stay.
- Take a local sightseeing tour covering Madabpur Lake at Kamalganj, Pineapple/Lemon/Guava Gardens, Tea gardens & rural villages.
- Overnight stay at our designated hotel/resort at Sreemangal.
DAY - 02
- Early in the morning, our guide takes you to Lawachara rain forest that is a reserved forest and conservation of wildlife.
- Visit the hilltop tribal village inside the forest.
- Return to the resort by 11 am.
- We will explore some villages to know their lifestyle and culture and tea gardens in Sreemangal.
- Our guide will transfer you to the Sreemangal railway station to board on Parabat Express at 5 pm.
- You will arrive Dhaka at around 10 pm (depends on the train schedule).
- And this is the end of the Sreemangal Tea Gardens & Rainforest Eco Tour.
PRICE PER PERSON
1 PAX: $190 / BDT 19000
2 PAX: $180 / BDT 18000
3 PAX: $170 / BDT 17000
4 PAX or More: $150 / BDT 15000
➤ Dhaka-Sreemangal-Dhaka train tickets (Non-AC Chair).
➤ Transfers (Train Station-Resort-Train Station) at Sreemangal.
➤ One night accommodation at Hotel/Resort in Sreemangal.
➤ Complimentary breakfast on the 2nd day.
➤ 02 Days use of local transport (Non-AC) for local sightseeing at Sreemangal.➤ English speaking local guide at Sreemangal.
➤ All entrance fees.
➤ All applicable local taxes.
Remarks for Sreemangal Tea Gardens & Rainforest Eco Tour
➤ You are required to wear modest clothing while entering a mosque or temple.
➤ There will be no accompanying guide on the train.
➤ Ladies are recommended to covering hair and arms while entering any mosque.
Things to carry
- Snicker shoes for the walk
- Hat/Cap for sun protection
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Flash Light