price: Starting from $440
Travel through the rivers just like they did during the British colonial period, watching the beautiful green countryside of Bangladesh slowly pass by, also visit many important towns along the river to get a true feeling for the country.
Overnight journey from Dhaka to Halurhat on a first-class cabin of century old Rocket Steamer and visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site 60 Dome Mosque and other old mosques and temples at Bagerhat. Greatest opportunity to discover the riverine beauty of Bangladesh in this Rocket Steamer Tour and explore archeological sites at 15th century Muslim City Bagerhat.
The Sundarbans is a cluster of Islands-the single largest mangrove forest of the world and popularly known as the home of the Royal Bengal Tiger. Located at the estuary of the great Ganges spanning over more than 1065000 hectors of land on the south-west part of Bangladesh & the south-eastern portion of the state of West Bengal, India. Bangladesh possesses about 62% which covers an area about 6036 sq. km of the total forest area. The whole of the Sundarbans forest has been declared as Reserved forest having 3 Wild life sanctuaries: “Sundarbans East”, “Sundarbans West” and “Sundarbans South” with the total sanctuary areas which stand 139, 698 hectares It has been declared as the world heritage site by the UNESCO in 1997.
In this Tour we will take you deep into the forest to explore wildlife. You might get a chance to see Royal Bengal Tigers, spotted deers, claw-less otters, salt-water crocodiles, many species of birds, and many other wildlife.
Day-01: Start Rocket Steamer Journey
- Will meet you at your hotel lobby at 03:00pm to pick you up, and will head toward Sadarghat Boat Terminal. Walk through the chaotic Sadarghat area and enjoy activities of the busiest boat terminal which never rests. Embark Rocket Steamer Station at 06:00pm. A memorable overnight journey by Rocket Steamer to Hularhat.
- Overnight at Rocket (sleeping cabin).
Day-02: UNESCO World Heritage City Bagerhat
- Enjoy the riverine beauty of Bangladesh from Rocket Steamer in the whole morning. Disembark from Rocket at Halurhat around 10:00am (depends on weather).
- Drive toward Bagerhat (01 hr) in a reserved vehicle and visit the 15th century Muslim City once called Khalifabad, which is the present day Bagerhat, is an UNESCO protected world heritage site. Drive toward Khulna (01 hr).
- Overnight at Khulna.
Day-03: Khulna – Sundarbans
Day-04: Jungle Safari, Beach Activities & BBQ at Night
Day-05: Sundarbans- Khulna
Day-06: Khulna- Jessore-Dhaka.
We are happy to customize a Special Tour to Rocket Steamer, Bagerhat and Sundarbans to suit your unique travel interests.
Price per person
1 pax: $550 / BDT44000
2 pax: $500 /BDT 40000
3 pax: $470 /BDT 37600
4 pax or more: $440 /BDT 35200
THINGS TO CARRY
- Snicker shoes for walking.
- Hat / Cap for Sun protection.
- Sun-burn lotion & insects spray.
- Camera & films.
- Toothpaste & tooth brush.
- Bath soap.
- Flash light.