Itinerary of Sonargaon, Old Capital and
In this tour (Sonargaon Old Capital and Boating trip) we will explore the remaining Bangladesh old-capital (Sonargaon). The Folk Arts & Crafts Museum, abandoned city Panam, historical mosque, and life at a small island on the mighty river Meghna while riding a local boat.
In the morning, we will pick you up from the airport/hotel lobby. After that, we will drive to Sonargaon, the old capital of Bengal. The site represents the substantial remains of an early medieval bygone city. Sonargaon was the seat of the Dev Dynasty until the 13TH century. From then onward till the advent of the Mughals, Sonargaon was the subsidiary capital of the sultanate of Bengal. During the lunch hour, we will have an authentic lunch at a local restaurant.
In Panam Nagar, you’ll wander in an abandoned city from the early 20th century, while visiting Goaldi Mosque will take you back to the Sultanate period of Bengal.
Then proceed to Meghna river. We will take a local boat for two hours approximately, cruise on the river. We will stop on the bank of the river to explore a rural village & meet the locals. You can also explore the river island & meet the fishermen’s families.
The Panam nagar(city) is an ancient historical city in Bangladesh which is abandoned in the 19th century. Beside the street, it has 52 historical buildings in a raw and a long canal. When you are in Panam city’s street you can feel those buildings willing to share their history with you. And Panam City is one of the most visited tourist spots in Bangladesh.
Discover the history of Sonargaon (a century-old abandoned City)
- In the morning we will meet you at your hotel lobby or the Airport.
- We will drive to Sonargaon (Old capital of Bengal).
- Our friendly local guide will help you to see and know the history of this century old abandoned city.
- On this tour, you will explore the old capital city of Bangladesh, the folks art and craft Museum, the Panam Nagar, 15 century’s Pre-Mughal architecture the Goaldi Mosque, riding local boat to see the beauty of the Meghna river and also know the life style of the fisherman.
- We will take a local boat for 2 hours approximately to visit the Meghna river and the river Island.
- Return to your hotel in the evening.
- And this is the end of Dhaka city tour.
PRICE PER PERSON
1 PAX: $100 / BDT 10000
2 PAX: $80 / BDT 8000
3 PAX: $70 / BDT 7000
4 PAX: $65 / BDT 6500
5 PAX: $60 / BDT 6000
6 PAX or More: $50 / BDT 5000
➤ Hotel pick up and drop off.
➤ Air-conditioned private car.
➤ All transports like rickshaw, boat, etc.
➤ Top Sightseeing in Sonargaon.
➤ All entrance fees.
➤ Lunch in a famous local restaurant.
➤ English speaking friendly guide.
Remarks for Dhaka city tour
➤ You are required to wear modest clothing while entering in a mosque or temple.
➤ Wednesdays & Thursdays Sonargaon Folk-arts and Crafts Museum is closed for a full day.
➤ Ladies recommended covering hair and arms while entering a mosque.
➤ On Wednesdays & Thursdays Sonargaon Folk-arts and Crafts Museum is closed for a full day.
Things to carry
- Snicker shoes for walk
- Hat/Cap for sun protection